Just because you’re putting your home on the market doesn’t mean you should neglect its need for upgrades. It’s not a good idea to sell your home with questionable electrical systems in place. Bad home inspection reports could be deal breakers. If you need a White Marsh electrician to take care of your electrical problems, Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling has you covered.
Address Your Home’s Electrical Problems
When it comes to selling your home, what’s inside is as important as your curb appeal. Here are a few common electrical problems that need to be addressed before you sell your house:
- If you have knob and tube or aluminum wiring, it is unsafe and the leading cause of home fires. Your home should have adequate grounding and modern solid copper wire.
- New homeowners need plugs they can rely on, and 2-prong outlets do not offer it. All modern appliances and smart technology use 3-prong plugs.
- If you have an older home that uses 60-amps, it should be upgraded to receive 200-amps. If it’s the traditional 60-amps, that means it won’t be able to handle modern technology which is what most people are looking for.
- Basement, bathroom, kitchen, and garage outlets should be GFCI equipped. GFCIs monitor electrical currents and immediately cut off when an imbalance is detected. This is especially important in areas with water use.
- A home that’s lacking enough outlets is undesirable. Extension cords are not only a nuisance but also dangerous as well. Have additional outlets installed where necessary.
- Finally, undersized and improperly modified circuit breaker panels need to be upgraded. It negatively affects the function of your home as well as its insurability.
Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling: White Marsh Electrician
Outdated wiring systems, 2-prong outlets, lack of GFCIs, and old circuit breakers need to be addressed before you put your home on the market. At Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling, we complete projects of all sizes for our clients in the Maryland area. Whether you need repairs and rewiring, panel upgrades, or outlet replacement, Tim Kyle can help. For more information or for a free estimate, contact us today!