We talk a lot about LED lights and their benefits because this is the best bulb on the market for energy efficiency. However, there are a lot of myths and misinformation surrounding LED bulbs, too. Learn to separate truth from fiction in our debunking of these rumors.
What Is the Truth About LED Bulbs?
There are a lot of trends out there these days in everything from design to diet, so it can be hard to know what’s real and what’s just a fad. LED lights are the former. These low-energy bulbs are the best way to cut back on your bills without sacrificing quality of light in your home, office, or anywhere else.
- How long do LED bulbs last? The average lifespan for these bulbs is about six years, though this will always vary a bit depending on circumstances. “If you run them 24/7, they’ll last twice as long as florescents and many times longer than incandescents.”
- How sound is the technology behind them? Well, they’ve been around for over a decade now, and they have proven themselves to be reliable. Not only that, but they are affordable, durable, and are famously energy-efficient.
- Are they really that affordable? Yes! Over time, their efficiency will ensure that your power bills are lower than ever, and they also require less maintenance than most other lighting types.
- Can they be used for more than in a house? Absolutely. They’re actually able to “suit specific business needs” including industrial-strength lighting requirements as a result of their variable lumens.
- Are you able to dim LED bulbs? Yes, they can be dimmed in a gradual way so that you can have the perfect level of lighting for the room in question. Just make sure that your switches and bulbs are compatible!
- Do these lights contain any dangerous materials? No, though CFLs and fluorescent lights do! LEDs do not have mercury or any similar chemicals, but some other options may have components that can be harmful if the bulb is broken.
As you can see, there are a lot of questions that are associated with LED bulbs, though most of the answers are likely to be reassuring. To choose the best commercial electrical contractor for your property and to know you’re getting a licensed professional, get in touch with Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling. You can talk to an expert about new installations of lighting and wiring, among other things, for your home or business.
About Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling
Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling has been delighting our customers with responsive, trusted and professional electrical services since 1986. We provide residential, commercial and solar power services and are experts in our field. Our team of professionally trained employees uphold our core values of honesty, respect and integrity. We are available 24/7 for your electrical servicing needs. Get in touch with us today to discuss your next electrical project.