Electrical outlets are something we take for granted. However, they have undergone a lot of changes over the years. With these advances come safer, more comfortable homes. If you are looking for a residential electrician in Hanover PA to install new electrical outlets in your home, Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling can help upgrade your system.
New Technology Equals New Outlets
Electrical outlets have gone through a lot of changes over the years. These improvements include:
- Alarms: with new GFCI outlets, you can now hear an alarm sound if the outlet malfunctions. This audible alert lets you know that something is causing the circuit to shut down.
- Tamper-resistant receptacles: equipped with a spring-loaded plate cover, these receptacles help keep your children safe by blocking by little hands from reaching inside.
- Nightlights: some GFCI outlets also come equipped with a built-in nightlight. These are great for nurseries, bathrooms, or dark hallways.
- GFCI/AFCI combination outlets: these outlets work to prevent two hazards in your home. The GFCI components can prevent electrocution, while the AFCI components prevent fires from starting.
- USB charging ports: you can have USB charging ports wired directly into your home’s electrical system. Plus, you have the choice of one, two, or four port outlets.
- Wi-Fi: with increased use of smart homes, having Wi-Fi ready outlets can help you turn your current home into a home of the future. A smart outlet allows you control any outlet in your home from your Wi-Fi hub outlet.
- Self-testing GFCI: this outlet will routinely test itself. Plus, if it fails to work properly, it will disengage from your home’s electrical system and turn on an indicator light that it is not working.
Residential Electrician Hanover PA
With more improvements in electrical system technology being launched every day, you want a trained, licensed electrician to help upgrade your home’s system. Installing the newest technology can be complicated, so you don’t want to trust just anyone. If you need a residential electrician in Hanover PA to install new outlets, call Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling.